I swear the next time I blink it’s going to be October. TIME PLEASE SLOW DOWN! There are so many exciting things going on at Blazers and Blue Jeans and I am excited to share some great news. Drum roll please…… not only our we in the process of designing a new logo, we’re redesigning our entire website! We have some great changes in the works and a month from today, our new website will be live! And on top of that, I am completing #Whole30 in August. What is wrong with me?
In addition to these exciting design changes, we just launched our Instagram page @blazersandbluejeans! Be sure to check it out and give us a follow! Phew, so many changes, I just can’t even keep up! I’ll be posting weekly updates about my experience on #Whole30 so stay tuned. In the meantime, check out my wallpaper picks for August!
Red Stamp Ι Rebekah Disch
Sugar Paper LA Ι Wazz Publishing
Apartment 406 Designs Ι Kelly Sugar Crafts
Mel Armstrong Design Ι Flipsnack
Ban.do Ι By Dawn Nicole
Pish and Posh Ι Every-Tuesday
Paper Leaf Ι Smashing Magazine
Soggy Musings Ι Rae Ritchie
Minding My Nest Ι Mospens Studio
Kate Spade Ι Ivanka Trump
Lovilee Ι Giants and Pilgrims
Ivanka Trump Ι Ink Struck
Free People Ι Clara Bour
Coton Colors Ι Designer Blogs
Lilly and Val Ι Paper Raven Co
Going Home to Roost Ι Sea of Atlas
The House That Lars Built Ι Stylish Planner
Susan Chiang Ι Virgo and Paper
The Printable Project Ι The Blog Market
Well it’s officially the second half of 2017! I seriously can’t believe it. I know my wallpaper post is a little later than normal but honestly between the holiday weekend and work, I totally forgot! In case you missed it, my delicious Lemon Berry Tiramisu recipe is up on the blog. If you’re looking for the perfect summertime dessert, look no further! Enjoy!
Paper Raven Co Ι Wazz Publishing
Sea of Atlas Ι By Dawn Nicole
Lilly and Val Ι Pish and Posh
Red Stamp Ι Every Tuesday
Mospens Studio Ι Paper Leaf
Clara Bour Ι May Designs
The House That Lars Built Ι Ban.do
Sarah Hearts Ι Ivanka Trump
Kate Spade Ι Coton Colors
Flipsnack Ι Mel Armstrong
Designer Blogs Ι Blushed Designs
Inkstruck Studios Ι Minding My Nest
I love to incorporate berries into dessert dishes. Berries have such a sweet, fresh taste, plus they are filled with antioxidants so where can you go wrong?! This lemon berry tiramisu is one of my favorites and it is perfect for a summer barbecue. It’s light and fresh and the mixture of the sweet berries with the zesty lemon create the perfect combination.
LEMON BERRY TIRAMISU RECIPE
PREP TIME: 35 mins
TOTAL TIME: 3 hours
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 8 ounce containers Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 packages soft ladyfingers (7.1 ounces each) OR a family size loaf of pound cake (16 ounces) sliced a little wider than a quarter inch
- 3 cups fresh mixed berries (I typically use raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries)
- In a 2 qt. sauce pan, heat granulated sugar, water, lemon juice, and lemon zest to boiling. Boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Pour heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract into bowl. Whisk together on high speed until stiff peaks form (about 1 minute). Set aside.
- Beat Mascarpone Cheese, whipped cream, the remaining 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla extract together.
- Line bottom of 8 inch square dish with half of ladyfingers. Brush about a 1/4 of lemon syrup over the ladyfingers. Top ladyfingers with half of Mascarpone mixture and spread evenly.
- Top with half of mixed berries and brush about 1/4 lemon syrup.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
- Refrigerate for at least 2.5 hours or overnight.
- Too lazy to make your own whipping cream? Just use a cup of Coolwhip in lieu of 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- When I say generously coat with the lemon syrup, I mean really cover the ladyfingers and berries. If you are using pound cake instead of ladyfingers, remember that pound cake is much more dense than ladyfingers so it can hold more liquid before it gets soggy.
Schools…..out…..for…summer! Well at least for us down south. School is out, the floaties are in the pool, the grill is fired up and the sun is shining! I miss the days when summer meant hanging out in the pool all day and sleeping in. Now summer just means hotter temperatures and less traffic, oh adulthood!
But, I can live vicariously through my festive computer background and pretend I am poolside with a margarita in hand, instead of at my desk. Here are your wallpapers for June, Designer Blogs and Sarah Hearts are my absolute favorites this month. They both scream summertime but in very different ways. Enjoy!
Designer Blogs Ι Mel Armstrong
Sea of Atlas Ι Mospens Studio
Flipsnack Ι Minding my Nest
Apartment 406 Designs Ι Smashing Magazine
Sarah Hearts Ι Smashing Magazine
Smashing Magazine Ι Clementine Creative
Ban.do Ι Every Tuesday
By Dawn Nicole Ι Ivanka Trump
Clara Bour Ι Blushed Design
Coton Colors Ι The Printable Project
Paper Leaf Ι Free People
Sugar Paper LA Ι Rebekah Disch
Red Stamp Ι The Blog Market
Rae-Ritchie Ι Wazz Publishing
Happy March everyone! Aside from my February Wallpaper post, I have’t really posted anything in a few weeks and it’s for a good reason! I started a new job this month for a really cool company and I really love everything about my new job! It’s keeping me a little preoccupied but I promise I will be posting something new in the next week or two. In the meantime, here are my wallpaper picks for March 2017!
St. Patrick’s Day is coming up so if you need some desert ideas for the office check out my St. Patrick’s Day Treats post! Enjoy!
Inkstruck Studio Ι Mel Armstrong Design
Apartment 406 Designs Ι Uppercase Designs
By Dawn Nicole Ι May Designs
Ivanka Trump Ι Flipsnack
Sarah Hearts Ι Ban.do
Mospens Studio Ι Paper Leaf
Going Home to Roost Ι Pish and Posh Designs
Smashing Magazine Ι Sugar Paper
Salt Design Ι Smashing Magazine
Blushed Design Ι Lilly and Val
Designer Blogs Ι Kate Spade
The Blog Market Ι Going Home to Roost
Red Stamp Ι Paper Raven Co
Rae Ritchie Ι Clara Bour
Free People Ι Giants and Pilgrams